As a university based drug policy organization, JMU SSDP strives to promote common sense solutions to broken policies in our own shool, in Harrisonburg, in Virginia, and nationally. We are currently supporting the following intiatives.
- Banning the Box For College Institutions
- To remove criminal history questions from public higher education institutions.
- Decriminalizing Marijuana in Harrisonburg
- Stop prosecuting misdemeanor possession of marijuana in Harrisonburg Virginia
- Amending the Rave Act
- Taking off possible legal consequences from venues and promoters for allowing harm reduction measures
- Good Samaritan Laws
- Allow people to be able to avoid legal consequences in emergency situations where they attempt to save somebody’s life